The position of Sewing Production Manager will be responsible for all day to day aspects of the DODOcase sewn goods production.
DODOcase Operations Management.
Primary day to day duties include but are not limited to:
- Be able to build high quality sewn goods from various materials including leather and waxed canvas.
- Create an awesome and fun working environment
- Estimation and calculation of sewn goods material inventory
- Purchasing and price negotiation for raw materials to maintain COGS goals
- Manage build out of DODOcase Sewing Operations
- Position all machinery
- Optimize placement for maximum production flow
- Recruit and manage appropriate staffing
- Implement production quality metrics to monitor ongoing quality of the product
- Monitor production quality to maintain highest standards
- Learn operation and maintenance of all sewing production equipment
- Manage production staff recruitment, training and day to day operations
- Manage daily production of ‘stock’ sewn products
- Manage custom product production with the customization team
- Train DODOcase team in sewing techniques and traditions to further the art form
- Be the internal champion of the sewn arts
- Generate creative product concepts
- Maintain a safe and efficient work environment in the sewing workshop
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning of all sewing equipment including oiling, cleaning adjusting and configuring.
- Help DODOcase Marketing with tours and demonstrations of sewn goods production
- Work with operations team to manage inventory levels of WIP and finished goods
- Hold sewing and craft workshops on occasion