The SFMade 2013-2014 Advanced Business Acceleration Cohort is a one-of-a kind- service. It offers a select cohort of growth stage companies the opportunity to develop to the next level by collaborating and learning from each other- as well as receiving specialized assistance from industry experts. Each company will develop a roadmap for growth and focus on key project areas including, sales & marketing, finance & capital, supply chain management and organizational/workforce planning.
Peer-to-Peer Collaboration: Monthly working meetings with some of San Francisco’s most successful and exciting manufacturing companies. Participants will self select key focus areas and work together in facilitated sessions to exchange ideas, best practices and resources.
Annual Strategic Business Review: A comprehensive and holistic review of each participants’ company to identify opportunities for increased profitability, top line revenues and operating efficiency. This review and the recommendations that come out of it will serve as a working road-map.
Business Advising: Expert guidance focused on specific project areas identified as priorities from the Strategic Business Review will be provided by business advisors and service provider partners.
Capital Planning: Develop a specific plan to capitalize the growth of the business, including direct referrals to the local capital providers most tailored to your needs.
Workforce Planning: Receive guidance on finding, hiring and retaining local employees. Understand and utilize local hiring incentive programs and make connections to local workforce training programs.
Real Estate Planning: Assistance for businesses who are seeking to locate new or expanded space for production, distribution and retail operations.
Program participants will develop a working roadmap for growth and implement several priority projects. In our experience, likely areas of focus may be:
• Designing and implementing new processes to improve operational efficiencies
• Planning for and launching a new line of business
• Developing an organization plan for growth and accomplishing one or more key hires
• Designing and implementing a new sales/marketing plan or a new sales channel
• Applying for and securing a new source of capital
1. A 12-month minimum commitment, with participation in monthly peer group meetings and the strategic business review. Participants are encouraged to devote approximately 5 hours per month on strategic planning and implementation in order to gain the full benefit of the program
2. Completion of SFMade’s and funding partner surveys
3. Provision of basic financial data and workforce data 2x per year
• Established SFMade member companies with 5+ employees and who have been in business at least 2 years
• A commitment to sustaining jobs and, over time, growing and hiring in San Francisco
Acceptance into the Advanced Business Acceleration Cohort is by application only.
For more information, please contact:
Senior Director, SFMade
(415) 408-5605 x 2
*This program is for SFMade members only.