Hiring? SFMade offers a targeted hiring service for manufacturers hiring employees into production, warehousing, or office administration roles. We partners with the City of San Francisco and more than a dozen workforce development agencies who are engaged with qualified workers across the city.
To get started email Claire at firstname.lastname@example.org with a job description. It’s free!
How It Works
• Starting the Process. Hiring Company sends a basic job description to SFMade, including: Duties, desired qualifications and experience, hours, salary range, how to apply, 2-3 sentences about your company, and start date;
• Promotion. SFMade promotes your job role to the SFMade network and throughout our network of San Francisco workforce partner organizations*;
• Pre-Qualified Candidates Identified. SFMade receives a set of pre-qualified candidates, and forwards their credentials to the Hiring Company;
• Candidate Screening and Selection. Hiring Company interviews and selects their candidate to make an offer to;
• Obtain Extra Incentives and Subsidies. SFMade works with the City to deploy any special local, State, or Federal incentives or subsidies that may be available for that particular candidate – incentives are paid directly to the Hiring Company to offset hiring and on the job training costs.
• Complete New Hire. Company completes Employment Verification Form and hires candidate.
*Advanced Hire Program: For those companies that are interested, SFMade partners directly with Manpower, a local workforce development agency that will conduct an in-depth search, coordinate interviews, and work directly with you to find the right candidate, and help you access On the Job Training Incentives if available. Employers interested in this service must be available to provide feedback on interviews and to engage directly with a case manager at Manpower. This service is also free of charge.
• A more targeted and focused recruitment process – candidates are prescreened and prepared
• Accelerated time to hire through a more effective advertising and screening process – the average time from job posting to hire is under 30 days.
• Economic incentives – take advantage of hiring and training incentives to offset the cost to hire. Incentives range from $2000 – $37,000 in direct subsidies and/or credits to the employer!
• A better hire – both in terms of skill and culture fit – in both the short and long-term.
For more information, please contact Claire Michaels at email@example.com
*This program is for SFMade members only.