Advising & Workshops
SFMade conducts educational workshops on manufacturing industry-specific topics designed to help companies move their business forward. From delving into supply chain challenges to innovative approaches to capitalize manufacturing businesses, SFMade provides industry-specific knowledge and resources to help companies sustain and accelerate their growth. Please visit our calendar of events for workshop listings and schedules.
As part of our mission to heighten the public awareness of manufacturing, the craftspeople they employ, and their collective role in the local economy, SFMade offers factory tours throughout the year. Tours focus on a specific neighborhood or a particular industry. And during our annual SFMade Week, we offer more than 50 tours of individual companies throughout the week.
Please visit our calendar of events for factory tour listings and schedules.
SFMade offers both early stage and mature manufacturers a program designed to allow them to get quick and relevant information and referrals to resources. Manufacturing 411 Consultations provide individualized coaching in short, efficient one-hour sessions with experts from either the SFMade staff or our network of volunteer advisors. SFMade staff tailors the content of the consultations to the specific needs of each company.
Areas of Specialty include:
- Access to Capital for Manufacturers
- Accounting and Cash flow Management
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Planning for Hiring or Organizational Design
- Retail or Distribution Strategy
- Marketing and PR
- Incentive Programs including Enterprise Zone and Energy Efficiency
- Referrals to Service Providers in specialty areas, including legal, accounting, IT and more
All consultations are $50
Subsidized rates made possible by funding from the City of San Francisco’s Office of Economic and Workforce Development. Consultations are primarily for members – with a few exceptions: 1) Setting up manufacturing in San Francisco 2) Space searches 3) Sourcing.
Request a consultation by filling out the form below.
ADVANCED BUSINESS ADVISING
The SFMade Manufacturer’s Accelerator Program offers a select group of San Francisco’s manufacturing leaders the opportunity to develop and grow their companies as well as help SFMade and the City to expand and highlight the success and economic significance of the sector.
The Manufacturer’s Leadership Circle: Executive level focused peer to peer learning and networking events with San Francisco’s most successful and innovative manufacturing companies.
Policy Input: An opportunity to weigh in on policy initiatives that affect the manufacturing sector.
Annual Development Plan: The creation of an annual development plan with a dedicated case manager from SFMade staff and focus on key project areas such as, sales and marketing, finance and capital, workforce planning, supply chain management and real estate/space planning.
Business Advising: Expert guidance on an as needed basis provided by SFMade staff, business advisors, and service provider partners.
Increased Reach and Brand Visibility: Dedicated features in the SFMade e-newsletter and social media channels.
- Established SFMade member companies with the potential to add jobs.
- A commitment to sustaining jobs and, over time, growing and hiring in San Francisco.
- Potential for significant revenue growth
- Viewed as a leader in their industry
Acceptance into the Manufacturer’s Accelerator Program is by invitation only.
- Completion of a program intake form
- Creation of an Individualized Development Plan
- Completion of SFMade’s and funding partner surveys
- Provision of basic financial data and workforce data
- Sign a program participation agreement
For more information, please contact:
Advising & Education Manager, SFMade
(415) 408-5605 x 11
*This program is for SFMade members only.